Tuesday, December 26, 2006

COOL NICKNAMES

taufik's party was FUN! camp was SPLENDID! kuala lumpur was a BLAST! but i shan't bother you with the details. the 'entry' would turn into a 'Ain's Happy Holidays' novel instead. best-seller for the month eh? maybe two? you never know.
it's been 3 weeks since that 1 training i had with rj. now i have re-welcomed the putting-on-weight feeling. no thanks to that delicious.. juicy.. tender.. (not to mention expensive) steak i ate the other day. I'M SORRY MR SEEM!
now, this is REALLY random. nicknames. yeah. i was just thinking about it. tricky stuff right? i could never find one that suits me. kapeesh! i don't really need one anyways. my name isn't that difficult to pronounce and remember. or so i thought. you'd be surprised.
everyone else in my family has rather 'COOL' (or so to say) nicknames. this all started with my sister, in the car, on the way back from kl. she just casually said she wanted to be known as JJ. for those who don't know, her name's diyana. *cue to go "what?!"* JJ = Juminah Juniour. well, juminah's my mum. my sis is kinda like a carbon copy of mummy in her younger years. no, it's not like you're THAT old mother dearest. now that explains it.
my family calls my mum ROHAYA. *cue to go "what?!"* it was when she was still a baby that she got this. see, when malay babies are born and they often fell sick, parents believed that they're names were inappropriate for them. the responsibility of having that name would be too great for them, hence they changed it. but no matter how many times i asked my mum, she would never tell me which name she was given when she was born.
my dad's is really funny. someone once called home and asked for a FIFI. so i went, "you've got the wrong number" but then he went "nono, i want to talk to your dad" and yes, that's his nickname. *cue to go "what?!"* given to him by his trainees. FIFI = Field Instructor FIrdous. you know what? i kinda like it. sorta like, a softer side of daddy.
now, my bro's is just plain weird. ABANG BHAI. nothing wrong when you say it. but by definition, it means 'brother brother' *cue to go "what?!"* my cousin is guilty of this. but oh wells, he likes it and there's a really nice ring to it, so who really gives right?
everyone just calls me either siti or ain really. (except mummy who calls me kakak/bubu) but even a simple name has a variety of pronunciations to it. i get people saying 'no-rain', 'no-i' and the worst by far 'iron'. so this is where i say, if you can't say 'AIN',why not just stick to 'SITI' eh. and just so you know, it's pronounced "C.T." ahaha! gottsta go!
ainwashere! 261206

No comments: